An ecovillage can be defined as “human-scale full-featured settlement in which human activities are harmlessly integrated into the natural world in a way that is supportive of healthy human development, and can be successfully continued into the indefinite future.” (source). In short: A small group of houses where a group of people lives in harmony with each other and the world around them.
Our plans comprise a village with:
- About 30 houses made out of industrial hemp and wood.
- A communitybuilding to gather and celebrate together.
- Workingspace with professional tools to keep on building on our village
- A foodforest to produce our own food
- Innovative ways to produce and store our own energy in a Micro Smart Grid
- A self designed and built system to collect, reuse and clean water ecologically
- Sustainable enterprises
Over the years, our ecovillage’s members have gained a lot of knowledge and expertise about the above mentioned workingfields. Some even work closely with professionals. This is assuring us from top quality regarding to sustainability, safety and comfort.